If you want to make sure you don’t accidentally ingest an animal product, we suggest you check out the list of these eight seemingly vegan (but definitely not) foods. Without further ado … More »
These 5 celebs are proof that veganism is beautiful and they’re sharing their thoughts on the matter. 1. BRAD PITT Brad Pitt is one of the biggest names in Hollywood and has More »
Eating healthy really isn’t too difficult when you stick to a whole foods approach, but it’s often getting there for most people that seems to be the hardest part. We live in a fast-paced, on-the-go world that prioritizes convenience over quality many times, which can leave our diets lacking in whole foods nutrition. So to help you get back on track, I’d like to share some simple tips about transitioning to a whole foods vegan diet in a simple to follow format. No matter if you’re new to eating whole foods or you’ve been doing it for awhile now, these tips can work for you and may even help you learn to try new foods to prevent getting stuck in a food rut. Oh, and if you’re one of those folks who is constantly on the run for your job, with your kids, or because you just like to stay busy, these tips can help you out too. Now all you have to do is follow them and start eating!
THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO ANYONE WHO’S EVER SPRINKLED NUTRITIONAL YEAST ON THEIR POPCORN.
1. YOU HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO EAT RAW TOFU STRAIGHT OUT OF THE FRIDGE AS A “SNACK.”
2. YOU KNOW THE UNFORTUNATE SECRET THAT A LITTLE BIT OF VEGENAISE MAKES EVERYTHING TASTE BETTER.
3. MUSHROOMS (AND OTHER MEATY VEGGIES) MAKE YOU NERVOUS BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY “HAVE THE TEXTURE OF MEAT.”
4. YOU KNOW THAT ALL THESE THINGS ARE VEGAN.
5. YOU DON’T REALIZE THAT MOST PEOPLE CALL THESE TOFU PACKAGE OPENERS “STEAK KNIVES.”
6. YOU HAVE, LIKE, FIVE HALF-FULL CONTAINERS OF THIS STUFF IN YOUR CABINET BECAUSE YOU KEEP FORGETTING WHETHER YOU’RE OUT OF IT.
7. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PATENTED TECHNIQUE FOR GETTING THESE THINGS OUT OF THEIR NIGHTMARE PACKAGES.
8. YOU CAN LOOK AT A MASSIVE LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND KNOW WHETHER THE FOOD IS VEGAN IN LESS TIME THAN IT TAKES FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO BLINK.
SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE LIKE NINJA-FAST AT THIS. IT’S FRIGHTENING.
9. YOU CARRY A BUSINESS CARD TO EXPLAIN TO PEOPLE WHERE YOU GET YOUR PROTEIN.
10. YOU HAVE SAID THIS. AND YOU WILL SAY IT AGAIN.
11. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR YOU.
12. THIS IS WHAT YOUR FRIENDS THINK YOU EAT.
BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU ACTUALLY EAT.
Do you have any other particularly ‘vegan’ habit of yours? Share in the comments below!
Elmhurst Dairy in Queens has ceased it’s dairy operation after 90 years citing decreased customer demand. CEO Henry Schwartz said the company has been operating at a high cost in recent years and revealed that “Pasteurized fluid milk has sort of gone out of style.”, “we are unable to continue to go on without ongoing losses.” “There isn’t much room for our kind of business. I tried to keep this open because it was my father’s plant and he asked me to do so.” The shutdown reflects ongoing trends in the dairy milk business: increasing consumer awareness of the treatment of cows in the milk industry as well as consumer concern about saturated fat, cholesterol and hormones is leading to declining sales.
1. Daiya American Style Cheese Slices
Coming out this Easter, it will be the perfect cruelty-free replacement for your family’s holiday ham. You can skewer it with pineapples, peppers, and your favorite barbeque sauce for a refreshing grilled treat.
10. Luna and Larry’s Coconut Bliss Sandwiches
These ice cream cookie sandwiches are the perfect treat for afternoon barbecues by the pool. Look for them this summer.
Field Roast will soon launch this and eight other products, including Chao Mayo, Chao Butter, Katsu Cutlets, Fruffalo Wings, and new seasonal sausage varieties!
2. And while everyone is concerned you’re not getting enough protein, your burger is actually a healthier protein source.
3. You don’t need mayonnaise to make a killer potato salad.
4. And it doesn’t take a vegan to tell you that mayo is gross and has no place at a barbecue anyway.
6. You know that spices and seasoning is a better way to bring out the flavor of summer produce than slathering it in animal fat.
7. And that God made vegetables for grilling.
9. Not eating meat and dairy leaves more room for EVERYTHING ELSE.
10. And that the best part of a barbecue is not always the burger, anyway.
12. You don’t need cream to make something delicious.
14. And knowing no animals were harmed makes it that much more delicious.
15. And so to you, vegan food is a heckuva lot prettier than the “real” versions.
16. At the end of a barbecue, carnivores are usually suffering from the meat sweats.
17. Vegans don’t have that problem.
18. Not even close.
Almond milk is a fantastic alternative to dairy, regardless of your dietary requirements. We were pretty excited to hear that Starbucks will soon be including almond milk as an option on their menu and just when we thought our almond milk dreams had come true, we came across this make your own almond milk hack, which also apparently makes the milk taste better. The thing is, almond milk can be very expensive to buy and making it at home can be a bloody pain in the a**.
The entire town of Tiller, in the US state of Oregon, has been put up for sale with a price tag of $3.8m. It’s a mostly uninhabited area 225 miles (362 km) south of Portland. The deal includes six houses, a flat, petrol station and a shop. Roughly 250 people live in the surrounding area. But residents began leaving the area after the decline in timber harvesting and the closure of the town’s mill, according to the estate agent. Tiller originally went on the market in 2015 but didn’t include the old primary school building.
Norwich-based One Planet Pizza has exceeded its crowdfunding goal of £20,000 by more than £6,000, becoming the UK’s first crowdfunded all-vegan company. The brand’s success stems from incorporating consumer engagement into its business model. “[We] want to fund [our] new venture through ‘veginvestment’ so it is ‘owned’ by the vegan community,” the company stated on its website, as those who are interested can invest for as little as £16. The company are also planning to employ vegans and use vegan suppliers wherever they can. Funding from initial investors—ranging from £16 to £2,000 —makes up 20 percent of the company’s equity. These shareholders gain insider access to the development of the brand and a say in deciding which vegan charity organisations will receive 10 percent of yearly profits via the company’s charity branch, One Planet Pizza Fund.
Vegan blogger Hench Herbivore is working with the company to create protein-loaded pizzas and will serve as a social media marketing advocate, alongside Damien Clarkson of ethical creative studio The Growing Box and YouTuber Bastian Altrock.
Pizzas will feature Bute Island coconut oil-based “Sheese” and wheat-based Vegandeli meat in flavors such as Hawaiian, Exotic Funghi Feast, Three Shreese Margherita, and Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable. In addition to pizzas, the brand also produces a line of vegan “redi-meals,” which will be available for purchase at local retail outlets and by delivery in parts of England.
2017 seems to be the year of the vegan documentaries! Already, two groundbreaking films have come out, and a number of others are also underway. Analysis for each is provided in the video above, as well as respective trailers. Here are our top 5: